Sunday, May 4, 2008

so for the last 3 weeks I've been telling myself that I need to post a blog and give an update to everyone but I never got around to it so now I'm forcing myself to sit at the computer and give an update, finally.
So things are going pretty well for us. On April 15th Sean was nominated for an award called blue jacket of the month. He had to go in front of a 9 chiefs and officers. He was given a uniform inspection, had to recite the sailors creed and had to answer a question from each member of the board. He was up against 8 other sailors and he won! he can put this achievement on his evals and may be qualified for early promotion. We were pretty excited! In other news, I quit my job. I was working 8 pm to 3 am so I was pretty excited to be able to let it go. Now I am able to do more activities with Kamela and get more stuff done around the house. I'm loving it!
So about a month ago Kamela was standing up on her rocking chair and she lost her balance and hit her eye on our computer chair. It started swelling right away and turned into a nasty black eye that lasted about 2 weeks. It was so sad! Well the week after she hit her eye, Sean's uncle came to visit. We went to the mall and ate at this really cool place called rainforest cafe. We got some adorable pictures but kamela has a black eye in all of them so just try to look past that!





5 comments:

Jenny and Travis said...

We were so excited to see that you had posted! We love getting news from you guys! We were sorry to hear about poor Kamela's fall though--poor little thing. She still looks adorable though. I was excited to see that you guys went to the Rainforest Cafe because I've been there too, and I thought it was soo neat...the fish, the plants and "animals," the alligator, the little gift shop, etc. It looks like you all had a good time there too. That's great about Sean's award! And your being able to let your job go--it feels good doesn't it? Congratulations! I'm sure that Kamela will LOVE having you around more. She's going to be so different by the next time we see her! By the way, we are going to be up in the Seattle area June 13, 14, and 15 for my cousin's wedding and would love to meet up with you guys the night of the 14th if you are free (We'll be getting there late on the 13th, and leaving early on the 15th). Let us know. We'd love to see you. Things are pretty good with us. We're disappointed that Kamela's not going to get another cousin this December, but know it's all according to God's timing. School and work are going well for us though, and it's finally starting to warm up here, which is nice. Well, hope to hear from you guys soon! --Jenny

jmholloway said...

Poor Kamela, but I agree with Jenny, she is still adorable. I have heard of the Rainforest Cafe and have always wanted to go, but never had the chance. I am glad you were able to go, it sounds awesome. Congratulations on Sean's award. That is great! We love you guys.

Mindi :)

Cassie and Mark said...

Thanks for the update and cute pictures! That is a nasty black eye, but I'm glad it's healed and she's back to being beautiful! Rainforest Cafe looks so fun! We're excited to see you in July!

Lacy said...

yay for staying at home! I'll get there some day too. Congratulations on the award, way cool. Her black eye is so cute and sad..cute-sad.

Jenny and Travis said...

We miss you and hope to see you in a week or so! --Jenny and Travis