This was the first Thanksgiving I spent out of Idaho and away from my family. I have to admit I missed them and the traditional game of spoons at aunt Candice's. Sean and I did have a very nice Thanksgiving though. Sean's mom and brother came up to spend the day with us. We had a delicious ham dinner which we ate on the floor using the coffee table because we don't have a kitchen table or chairs. Everyone went around and said what they were grateful for, which is my favorite tradition. We spent the afternoon enjoying eachother's company and having nice family time. Sean's mom left at about 5 that evening but his brother stayed with us until Saturday. Sean and him had fun playing the xbox 360 all weekend! This Thanksgiving experience made me realize that I do love and miss my parents and my siblings and I wish I could spend every holiday with them. But I also realized that it's ok to celebrate the holidays and start new family traditions with my husband and daughter.


4 comments:
It is so fun to start new traditions, and it really is true that being away from family makes you appreciate them so much more! Glad things turned out well!
Your blog looks great. I love the slide show. Kamela is beautiful! Being away from family on Holidays is hard. I am glad you made it through.
Mindi :)
Great slide show. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and that your getting your family traditions established. Give Kamela hugs from her favorite uncle for me.
Kamela's face looks so much like yours Chelsi, in her bath time picture, that it's incredible! I miss that girl, and all of you. Hope to see you around christmas time!
Jenny
Post a Comment